August 6, 2015
Dear APrIGF Community,
This is to announce that there are below leadership positions vacant in the Multi-Stakeholder Steering Group (MSG) for election.
- Chair of MSG (2015 - 2017)
- Vice Chair of MSG (2015 - 2017)
Current chairs that have served for 1 term and are concluding after APrIGF Macao 2015:
Chair: Mr. Paul Wilson, APNIC (Technical) (2013-2015)
Vice Chair: Ms. YJ Park, SUNY Korea (Academia) (2013-2015)
According to the Election Procedure adopted on 2 Jul 2015 at APrIGF Macao 2015, an Election Committee has been called for with the current volunteered MSG members as below:
- Mr. Chester Soong, ISOC HK (Current Vice Chair of MSG)
- Ms. Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Australia
- Mr. Shreedeep Rayamajhi, Nepal
Aug 6 - Aug 27:
Nomination Period Opens
Announce Candidates and Voting Members & Procedures
Sep 16 - Sep 23:
Eligibility of Candidates
Candidates for leadership (Chair or Vice-Chairs) in any election year are open to every MSG member as well as non- MSG members. However, it is desirable that all candidates possess the following qualification.
- Must work and reside in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Represent one of the listed stakeholders in section 4.0 but not limited to the list.
- Volunteers who have been active in the APrIGF activities and the Internet Governance space.
- MSG members with leadership potential and demonstrated long term commitment to the MSG's goals
- In the event of conflict of interest, MSG must declare his/her status at the earliest to the MSG Chair and the Committee as an act of good faith.
Term of office
- All leadership position will not exceed two consecutive terms (or four years duration).
- Returning leaders may choose to run for election again after one cycle (or two years) has elapsed since the last date of tenure (most recent ending term date) confirmed by the Secretariat.
Nominations of candidates can be made by submitting the names, organisation, stakeholder group, a short bio and the email address of the nominee to [email protected] before the nomination period closes. Self-nominations will also be accepted. Nominees will be informed by the Election Committee and invited to accept their candidacies.
More information about the Operating Principles and Election Procedure of APrIGF MSG, please visit http://aprigf.asia/msg.html.
Thank you very much.